Prerequisites & Course Details
To gain entrance to the EJTC’s Entry Level Trades Training program, applicants are required to have Grade 12 completion including the following courses:
- Precalculus 11 (or Principles of Math 11)
- Physics 11
- 2 years of full-time education in an English-speaking country plus one of the following:
- English 12
- Communications 12
- English Language Arts 12
- English Studies 12
- English First People 12
English is the language of instruction and communication at the EJTC. For those applying without English 12 or equivalent from an English-speaking country, the EJTC will accept successful completion of one of the following recognized English Language Proficiency tests:
- CAEL test with an overall band score of 60 or greater; or
- Cambridge Assessment English – B2 First; or C1 Advanced; or C2 Proficiency; or
- TOEFL test with an overall score of 82 or greater
Applicants must have basic computer skills and access to a computer with Windows 7 or later, and to the internet, for homework assignments.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Order your official BC high school transcript at www.bced.gov.bc.ca/transcript.
Those applying with International transcripts in a foreign language showing the required prerequisites, must include a Comprehensive Report (not Basic) from a credentialing service such as ICES. Please check their website to learn about their processing times.
- Technical Training – Monday, May 6, 2024 to Friday, August 16, 2024
- Work Experience – Monday, August 26, 2024 to Friday, November 1, 2024* (to be confirmed)
If you meet our prerequisites, we will schedule you for:
Note! Study package available for purchase (Total $35 – includes tax). Packages can be picked up in our office, Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 pm. If mailing is requested there will be a charge for postage.
School Location: Our Training Centre is at 1405 Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam, BC.
Note: fees are subject to change. Participants are expected to provide their own personal safety footwear and transportation to and from training and worksites. Students will be required to supply their own tools for the 10 weeks of work experience (approximate cost $500.00). These fees and costs are offset by the income that trainees earn during their included 10 weeks of work experience.