Electrical Foundation Overview
About the ELTT Program
Entry Level Trades Training Program
The Electrical ELTT course is a full-time course that consists of 15 weeks of technical training at our training facility followed by 10 weeks of paid work experience.
Our program provides a combination of electrical theory and practical. Safety Awareness Training includes:
- Confined Space
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Lockout Procedures
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
Site Ready Certification includes WHMIS-2015 Certification at no extra cost.
Our program provides our students who successfully complete the 15 weeks of technical training with 10 weeks PAID work experience. Placement will be with ECA of BC member companies associated with the Electrical Joint Training Committee (EJTC) and IBEW Local 213. Upon successfully completing the course, you receive a certificate and credit for Level 1 technical training related to the Construction Electrician (Electrical) apprenticeship program. Once the program has ended, the EJTC can then select full-time apprenticeship candidates from our program graduates, based upon work availability.
Course Outline (15 Weeks technical training)
Basic Trade Skills
- Occupational Health & Safety Standards
- Workplace safety
- Electrical safety
- Personal safety equipment
- Correct use of hand and power tools for the Electrical Trade
- Safe ladder use and care
- Installation procedures for:
- Nonmetallic sheathed cable
- Armoured cable
- Electrical metallic tubing
- Rigid conduit
- Flexible conduit
- Cable and conductors
- Conductor splicing
- Residential electrical services
Why Choose Our ELTT Course?
As well, our recently completed new state-of-the-art training facility – The Electrical Green Skills Campus – located at 1405 Broadway Street, Port Coquitlam (conveniently located one block off Mary Hill Bypass) is BC’s showcase for future training, research and products related to green and sustainable energy. Our expansion immediately enabled us to double our capacity to offer the finest electrical trades training program. Province invests $192,000 in trades training with Electrical Joint Training Committee
- We are committed to offering the finest trades training available. Our course offers a comprehensive combination of 15 weeks of technical training and 10 weeks of paid work experience to prepare you for apprenticeship within the electrical construction industry.
- When you join our program, you join a team. We care about our students. You get the most highly qualified instructors in the electrical training field and the attention you need to do your best in our course.
- Our ELTT course is the best route for entry into a career as a skilled electrician in BC. The EJTC is a partnership between the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 213 and the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) of BC.
- If you become our apprentice, you become a member of the IBEW Local 213 and as a union member, you qualify for higher wages, benefits and continued skills upgrading on the job.
- The EJTC Electrical ELTT course has Skilled Trades BC designation.
- Our ELTT course is approved by the Registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB)
- Our school is fully designated with the Private Training Institutions Branch of BC (PTIB)
- We have been providing apprenticeship training in BC for more than 100 years, and we are proud of our record of service and quality.
ELTT Apprenticeship Program